JConcepts Mambos SCT Street Eliminator Drag Racing Rear Tires (2) (Blue)
One of the tricky aspects to drag racing rear tires is tire expansion and controlling this during acceleration. The JConcepts design team thickened the entire carcass, added unique inner sidewall ribbing on the inside and outside and then an industry first waffle inner weight reduction pattern. The waffle pattern accomplishes 2 things, weight reduction and provides some resistance to expansion to split some difference between a heavily restricted belted tire and a tire with no inner structure.
Dialing in the tire is a racers job but starting with a great base setup is key and the Mambos have all the elements of a successful design. Another exciting feature designed into the sidewall is the ability to add a beadlock style wheel such as the Starfish wide beadlock wheel (JCO3415B). The rear tire has an inspired look with a wide-body footprint so the driver can feel the straight-line forward stability with very light rolling resistance. The 2.2 x 3.0" size makes it traditional in feel but because of its width, fits JConcepts Mambos sized wheels (JCO3408B, JCO3409B and JCO3415B).
The rear tire is designed as a low-profile shape to fit inside close quarters of a vehicle and body shell while maintaining the crisp response of a race tire. Mambos have raised lettering which can be detailed for shows or displays or simply left without for a sleepy yet devastating look. A feature included on the sidewall is a double arrow which can be colored to indicate direction. The JConcepts tires include the Mambos carcass forming closed-cell, black in color Dirt-Tech inserts known for their durability, performance, and consistency.
Notes from the team
The Mambos tires are rated for a maximum of Street Eliminator 2S power only. They are not guaranteed against any running damage from extreme power situations from anything above and beyond the rating. The tires are not belted, only reinforced with internal rubber ribbing.
- Blue compound = soft feel, medium to high expansion rate and recommended for all weather conditions. Ideally, the surface temperature range should be 90 degrees or below.
- Popular 2.2 x 3.0" bead diameter with Mambos width
- Single contour thickened carcass
- Inside and Outside inner sidewall carcass ribbing
- Wide-body footprint for tracking stability
- Center carcass waffle design
- Authentic tire lettering with retro JConcepts logo
- Includes Dirt-Tech closed cell inserts
- Massive and mean performance